Saturday, May 05, 2007

On the terrace...

So I have the company laptop...and it's with a data card...so I am sitting on my terrace and blogging :D

The technology of today is just marvellous and I believe the best is still to come...

I don't believe in the whole theory of machines taking over etc. While the instinct for survival has always existed and will always exist, I don't believe that for the next couple of centuries at least, we will see AI that will display such a strong survival need that it will start destroying even humans to 'live'. These kind of ideas make for great film scripts but I think that's where it ends.

While learning by seeing (I forget the scientific term - but basically learning behaviour and replicating, historical storage of data so as to adapting to environments etc) will most definitely be the way we program our machines to learn, I don't think you can fill 'evil' into a program / code etc.

No comments: