Friday, May 05, 2006

What the **** is wrong with the people of Gujarat...

It seems like all they want to do is riot...I cant seem to understand what has happened to the state. I would never have though of Gujarat to be the state that break out into riots everytime something happened. I'm not saying breaking down a 200 year old shrine is not big...but come on to start murdering people..thats down right ridiculous. The reason I wouldnt have picked Gurarat as such a state is because people there are interested in making money...real money...big money...the logic in my head behind this is long...so I wont get into that...
Maybe its that people in Mumbai are very indifferent. I dont know. I have said before that our chalta hai attitude is a draw back sometimes. Sometimes I think its good. I remember there being a similar order here to break down all shrines that have cropped up on pavements and roads because these were being used to store ammunition and narcotics. I dont think too many people went crazy when that happened here. Maybe its not that other people are toooooo emotional, maybe its that we are too detached...or maybe it is because we believe that we will always bounce back. So if the officials want to tear all of these down, let them and we will build new ones. Or maybe we (Mumbaikars) are smart and we know whats right. What the point of a temple/mosque that is used to hide guns and drugs. We rather not have such 'places of worship'...we can go put our Rs.2 and say our prayers elsewhere...

No comments: