Saturday, November 18, 2006

So pissed and I can't understand it

Well I know this wont sound like anything major but that day I really WAS pretty pissed. Not anymore cause its already been a while.

Anyway so I got my results for my term exams back and guess what ... an additional answer booklet in my marketing paper was missing. It must have got torn off. Luckily it just had 1 answer - but if it was there I would have got at least 5 - 6 marks giving me a total for around 29 - 30 (out of 50 - in case someone thinks I am such a retard). Now these exams don't count so it doesn't really matter so I am not going beserk about this.

Now the whole 'I cant understand it' is cause firstly these exams are not important so it doesn't matter whether I got a 20 or a 30. Secondly and more importantly I didn't study seriously. I mean for crying out loud I wrote 2 sides in my economics paper cause I didn't know a thing. I knew I was failing (first time in my life and unfortunately I find myself indifferent but again to something that I shouldn't be indifferent towards). Well I actually got 6 out of 50. Which in all honestly is more than I expected. So to put the missing 5 marks for my marketing paper into perspective - it doesn't make sense that I am suddenly bothered about those marks but it still made me angry and upset that I didn't get the 5 marks I deserved and which I worked for.

To cut a long story short - We humans are funny - we don't mind getting nothing if we don't make and effort but if we made and effort and don't get paid for it, we get pissed off - whether our effort matters or not, whether it makes a major difference to our lives or not - we still get pissed off.

No comments: